The Daz Studio and Related Product Deals Thread (Daz3D, Renderosity, Renderotica, etc.)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
So today's Daz Day sale has two freebies (one has a coupon code),
:unsure: I needed to enter the coupon code DAZ-DAY to activate the freebies ... although the layout does read as if the Daz+ doesn't need a code, and by implication you should be able to get one free with every purchase, but then that's Daz Sales Speak for you ...

[edit] just went back to get a screen shot ... they've fixed the layout [/edit}

Last edited:

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
Today is the day again, where I post an Unreal humble bundle:

1814ae4c074f4909c9a426259b515212dc12c5d7_png.png

I actually really like that one. Those Dekogon assets always looked really nice and also seemed like they could come in handy since those are essentially tons of "filler" assets, but too expensive to just get them just because. And now this one means I can get a whole bunch of these for just ~23€. Neato.

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
Today is the day again, where I post an Unreal humble bundle:

View attachment 3936115

I actually really like that one. Those Dekogon assets always looked really nice and also seemed like they could come in handy since those are essentially tons of "filler" assets, but too expensive to just get them just because. And now this one means I can get a whole bunch of these for just ~23€. Neato.
Hi,

Do you know if one can import these into Daz Studio?

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
Do you know if one can import these into Daz Studio?
I wanted to just say: Yes! But then I actually thought about it and it is kind of complicated. First of all, yeah, there is a way to export stuff from Unreal, and the obvious choice seems to be FBX because Daz can import that, but that one really sucks.

What I do when I want to export stuff from Unreal then I actually export from Unreal using GLTF instead. Reason is that you get baked materials automatically when you do that, and you don't have to do it yourself. You can find a video where someone explains how to bake the materials for FBX export, and so you can do that, but I find it much easier to use GLTF instead.

Once you have exported to GLTF though you can't just import it into Daz, you need to import into Blender first (which is what I usually want so to me that is the natural choice). Once you have it in Blender you can then export it to FBX and import that into Daz. This also has an additional benefit of Blender being able to set the correct Up axis for Daz (I don't know which one it is, you'll have to try it out until you get the right one).

Also I have a Blender addon called "Better FBX" which gives some additional tweaking options (sadly, worse up axis selection though then the default Blender FBX export). With that one I can actually export the entire scene and import it into Daz and everything is imported with the right position (rotation ends up messed up cause wrong up axis though, didn't really figure out how to fix cause it is easy to just manually rotate everything back to 0, they all imported with +90 degrees on the x axis).

The whole process works fine for mesh + texture and it ends up looking relatively good I'd say. But you have to keep in mind that the shaders are not really transferable 1:1 from Unreal to other programs, so the shading in Unreal will definitly look better and much closer to how those models look in their promos on the Unreal marketplace.

Another problem is Nanite, if a model is only available as Nanite then I don't know how to export it without loosing all of the details. Export works, but the mesh ends up looking really low quality in Blender and Daz. For those Dekogon assets I actually did run into this problem with one of the Assets, but then found out there is a non-nanite version available. As far as I can tell this is true for most of them, but I have not checked all of the 2000 assets there.

Here is a comparison how some of the assets look:
dekogon-unreal.png
dekogon-blender.png
dekogon-iray.png

Keep in mind this is just imported, without tweaking anything, so no adjustments to the shaders or the lightning. Also, I just noticed the Daz import lost the Emissive texture (no text on screens), so that's an example of something you'd have to fix yourself.

It can actually be fixed though, but you need this product: cause that adds the ability to set a emissive texture on Daz PBR shader:
dekogon-iray-emissive.png

EDIT: Nah, I am wrong, you don't _need_ PBRSkin Plus, but it is kind of handy. You can also use the Uber Shader instead cause that can also use a emissive texture, but you loose the PBR stuff (looks a bit different):
dekogon-iray-emissive-uber.png

Anyways, it is definitely work, but with most programs you can actually transfer stuff, and even Daz does in the end accept FBX so it is possible to get it into Daz as well.

EDIT: Final one, the import actually only sets the Diffuse texture, and none of the other ones, or at least when I switched to PBR they were all reset. So either way, you'd need to make sure the materials are actually setup correctly in Daz when importing to get the best possible results:
dekogon-iray-corrected.png

Of course, you can still tweak this forever until it perfectly fits into whatever you're doing. But that last image seems to be mostly it in terms of where you can get with the Daz shaders on imported assets with just the default settings mostly.

Last edited:

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
Schlongborn
Hey, thanks so much for taking the time to give me such a comprehensive reply! The thing is that I don't use Unreal or Blender. I started using Daz about one year ago. I think I'm going to buy the bundle anyway and see what I can get out of it. And if I don't like what I get in Daz with these, I can always install Unreal and Blender and start messing with them. LOL

EDIT: I just realized that I'll have to install Unreal if I want to export to something that DS can read.

Last edited:
Reactions: Schlongborn

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Two coupons at renderosity
  • 20240820TUESWED 20%off, minimum purchase $25, ONLY TODAY
  • COMMAGST24 15%off, till 0919, single use
Many coupons indeed, and they do stack with almost all the sales.
Now, we just want decent sales. Is it asking too much?

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
Just an interesting little thing I just noticed: I was looking at the humble bundle sale for itch.io stuff: and noticed this guy: being part of the bundle.

And he is selling game assets for isometric games, and they don't even look all that bad. But I noticed they suspiciously look like Daz assets. And indeed, they are:
1PZvQM_png.png

That is one of his screenshots, that train is from here:

Nothing wrong about it, the license allows it, but I found it interesting that he uses Daz assets like that. Also makes me think about trying to make an isometric game with my Daz stuff.

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
So, the PA sale is about to start tomorrow, for real this time, the oracle has already spoken.

But before that there is a wishlist sale, and that one stacks with one of the other sales. So right now I can get 89% off of a large amount of items in my cart. And that is without tokens, so if you have tokens you'd probably get 92-94% off.

The sales that stacks with the wishlist sale is this one: and then I believe also this one should stack: but I can't get it to stack actually. However I also have two new Daz+ items in my cart, and if I take those out the price goes up. So maybe the second one is triggered by those.

Now, is that going to be better then the upcoming PA sale? Hard to tell. >90% for PA items is pretty good. But if the PA sale will have those kind of discounts for all of the PAs then this one look kind of bad in comparison. If you have tokens it might be a good opportunity to spend them though.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Just noticed that a couple of 'new' freebies popped up when I sort the main Daz3D.com sales page from low to high. Might not hurt to check this page to see if any freebies pop up for you...

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Nobody has been talking about this year's PA sale over at Daz3D.com since it kicked off on Monday.

I haven't been digging very deeply. Some of the 'Key' items have been interesting, but mainly I'm still just watching Lightning Deals for discount stacking. I did see an orange 'loyalty' banner that increases the discounts, and saw some items in the $1 or so range that I grabbed, but most stuff is still floating over $2 before tokens. Since I'm not buying a lot these days, yeah I haven't been earning tokens.

So I'll leave it to others to dissect the sales. Mainly I just wanted to mention the fact that the Fall PA sale has started, for those of you that haven't been paying close attention to the Daz sales.

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
I think the PA sale is pretty much the same as last year. You get a banner for an additional 30% off if you own more then 30 items of the currently featured PAs. I don't get a banner either but I have a message that says that.

With tokens you can get PA items for 85% - 88% - 92% off, depending on age. Those are pretty good discounts for PA items. New releases also get 81% off with tokens, which is also pretty good for new releases. There may be higher discounts sometimes, but with this sale you can basicly just look for a PA you like, and then buy a bunch of their items together. Instead of trying to puzzle everything together waiting for flashsales.

They may throw in an odd extra Daz Orignals sale or something like that, but generally the sale should be about PA items, so not really worth looking for Daz Originals like the Pro bundles or stuff like that.

The selection of PAs changes throughout the sale, roughly per week or something like that (EDIT: actually, they change daily, but its like iirc they do an entirely new set of PAs next week or something like that, also no idea how long a cart will stay "valid", but I think maybe around 4 days or so). If they do it like last year they will more or less cycle through all of the PAs, but have occasional "catch up" weekends where all of the previous stuff is on sale. Eventually it is all going to end with all PAs on sale at the same time. There might also be sales where you can just buy all the "golden ticket" items, usually a bit higher then if you'd just bought them when they were released. They also had like one or two gift card sales last year while the sale was ongoing (just yesterday there was one already, so next one is probably a bit away).

It might be worth it to just wait until the end. But I have no idea if they're really going to follow that procedure exactly as last year.

The discounts pretty much stayed the same throughout the entire sale last year, though I can't remember if they did sneaky frustrating stuff like sudden "20% extra if you buy today sales". I am thinking they probably did, it's just my Daz store PTSD making me forget about it.

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
just a quick note that there's a gift card offer in today's Daz3D.com sale. 19% off if you buy a debut new and a still new - I'm seeing a couple of sub 4 dollar prereq options at least if you haven't snagged them already.

Not the best offer, but if your store credit balance is running low, better than nothing I guess...

P3Design is the featured artist in today's PA sale. There's a number of cute gals in the P3Design collection if you are looking for new cute gals for your Daz harem, so there's that I guess.

It's also a catch up sale.

Finally, as usual keep an eye on the lightning deals for discount stacking. Hit or miss, sure, but if the rest of the sale isn't interesting you today, who knows something interesting might pop up.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Just noting there's another Daz3D.com gift card sale. If you buy a golden ticket item and a still new release, you can get 21% off of a gift card. Not the best deal ever, but better than nothing.

3D Universe is today's featured artist. Rest of the sale is 'more of the usual', which is probably why this thread is so quiet.

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
Today you can get an additional 20% of by buying a Sixus1 Media item plus a Predatron item. That's pretty good and makes all the PA sales even better. This one might stick around until tomorrow/the weekend, where there will probably be another catch-up with all previous stuff on sale again.

EDIT: Probably 20% off also applies to gift card if you want one of those today.

EDIT2: Actually it says Today Only for the extra 20% off your order, so then it maybe it won't stick around for the catch-up sale (or they are going to alter the deal somehow else).

Last edited:

SvenVlad

Modder
Aug 11, 2017
Today you can get an additional 20% of by buying a Sixus1 Media item plus a Predatron item. That's pretty good and makes all the PA sales even better. This one might stick around until tomorrow/the weekend, where there will probably be another catch-up with all previous stuff on sale again.

EDIT: Probably 20% off also applies to gift card if you want one of those today.

EDIT2: Actually it says Today Only for the extra 20% off your order, so then it maybe it won't stick around for the catch-up sale (or they are going to alter the deal somehow else).
Nice, didn't even noticed this extra discount. Could be a good chance to use one of my Daz+ Coupons.

orgtech

Jun 7, 2024
This seems to be INSTEAD of the 30% off orange banner, so if you've been getting those, it's actually a worse deal. (At least, this is the one day I didn't get the orange banner deal, which IIRC is 30% off if you already own 30 of the on-sale products.)

• Thinking Face
Reactions: idTerra and OhWee
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote